Matched pairs design
Dependent groups t test
Within-subjects designs (repeated measures designs)
- Practice effects
- Fatigue effects
- Carry-over effects
- What are the advantages and limitations of the
matched pairs design?
- What are the advantages and limitations of the pure
- How are the advantages and limitations of the within-
subjects design similar to the strengths and weaknesses
of the matched pairs design? How are they different?
- How can counterbalancing solve some of the weaknesses
of the within-subjects design?
- Other than counterbalancing, what strategies can be
used to solve the problems that may plague within-subject designs?
- What is a mixed design?
- How should a researcher decide which of the following
designs to use:
- traditional between subjects design
- pure within-subjects design
- counterbalanced design
- mixed design
- matched pairs design?
Back to Chapter Main Menu