1. What three criteria must be met to establish that one factor causes a certain effect?
2. How does the simple experiment establish internal validity?
3. What are the two errors that can result from a statistical test?
4. How do statistical considerations affect the design of the simple experiment? That is, how do statistical considerations affect:
a. The way participants are assigned to group
b. The degree to which participants are allowed to interact
c. Whether all the control group participants are run as a group
d. Whether all the experimental group participants are run as a group
e. The number of participants in the study
f. The strength of the manipulation
g. The measure used?
5. How might statistical considerations conflict with other considerations, such as construct validity, external validity, and ethical considerations?
6. What is the logic behind the t test?
7. What questions are raised by null results?
8. What questions should be asked about significant results from a simple experiment?
Back to Chapter 10 Main Menu